Thursday, January 01, 2009

Toon Boom Studio 4 learning process

People have told me that however you start out the new year is a sign of how the rest of the year will be; so, for example, if you start out with your apartment in a state of disorganized mess, then it will be disorganized and messy all year. So I figured I should start the year out working on this "Slinky" project using Toon Boom software, because that is what I want to be doing all year. And the Toon Boon Harmony lessons I got last week turned out to help tremendously, much of the interface is the same in Studio 4 as it is in Harmony, and the tools and methods of working are also very similar. Oh! I am also starting out the year with a horrible flu, so I am not sure if I should hope the rest of the year turns out quite like the first day of the year. On one hand I do want to work on Slinky using Toon Boom all year, on the other hand I don't want to be sick again this year. Anyway, above is a screen capture of the drawing I am cleaning up using Toon Boom Studio 4. Now that I know what I am doing I find the drawing part pretty easy.